Apple CarPlay / Android Auto module for MMI 2G High – AUDI A4 A5 S5 A6 S6 Q7 A8 S8
Nice upgrade set for older Audi’s – this module will enable wireless Apple CarPlay and wired Android Auto in MMI 2G High units.
Your car must have AMI (or AUX) in a glovebox, otherwise there will not be any sound coming from the box, as need connect AUX cable in to AMI.
- Wireless/wired Android Auto
- Wireless/wired Apple CarPlay
- Android/Apple mirroring
- Allows addition of aftermarket cameras
- Audio/Video playback via USB flash drive
- Wireless connection via WIFI/Bluetooth – Also supports wired connection.
- Audio output through factory sound system
- Fully adjustable Audio EQ
- Superior sound quality due to good quality components – no difference in quality with playing music from AUX or AMI.
- Installation – Plug and Play behind factory headunit
- Original car features/displays are fully retained
- Control via steering wheel controls and touch control (*dependent on vehicle specification)
- Switch in/out of CarPlay display at anytime using factory controls.
- Fully CE Approved/FCC Certified/RoHS Compliant
- Installation time guideline – 2-3 Hours (dependent on vehicle specification) – Online installation manual can be found here (click).
- Audi A4 A5 S5 (2007-2009) MMI 2G High
- Audi A6 S6 (2005-2009) MMI 2G High
- Audi Q7 (2006-2009) MMI 2G High
- Audi A8 S8 (2003-2009) with MMI 2G High
How to check what MMI you got? Click here.
1. Will CarPlay work wirelessly
Yes, it automatically connects after the initial set up. You don’t need to plug in your iPhone for CarPlay.
2. My car has AMI (Audi Music Interface). Will this fit my car?
Yes, it will fit all Audi with MMI 2G system. You must have aux input or AMI (Audi music interface) in the car to be able to hear sound.
3. Will I have to change my original car screen or make wiring modifications?
This kit allows you to retain the factory fitted display screen in your car, and all plug and play apart from one single wire that needs to be manually joined. A tool for this will be provided, so no need to cut/solder.
4. Will sound come out of my car stereo?
Yes, this unit will allow music playback, and all sounds to be emitted through the car speakers, simply switch the Audi radio to ‘AUX’ mode for playback.
5. Will it work with Left hand drive vehicles?
Yes, our kit is compatible with worldwide models. Please note – an Apple iPhone is required for CarPlay functionality.
If your car is fitted with an AMI (Audi music Interface box) please leave us a note when checking out, as we will include an extra cable for you.
Please note – an Apple iPhone is required for Apple CarPlay functionality. Wireless Android Auto is only supported by certain Android phone models
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.