- VCDS diagnostic interface or other
Carrying out this modification in the wrong way can cause permanent damage to the car, and even its immobilization.
You do this modification at your own risk!
We do not accept any liability for damage to the car and its components.
Is the procedure possible?
To carry out the procedure, your car must be equipped with an efficient Audi MMI 3G system. Before you start, check what version of MMI you have in your car.
The service menu must be unlocked in your vehicle. (check how to do it)
Activation of Audi MMI 3G bluetooth and HFP in a hidden menu
- Turn the ignition on and wait for the Audi MMI 3G system to start.
- Press and hold the SETUP and CAR keys for a few seconds.
- Release the buttons when the hidden green menu appears on the screen.
- Go to diagnose → settings → Tel settings misc.
- Read the function configuration and change it so that the WLAN and NAD positions remain unchanged, while noBT and noHFP change to BT and HFP.
- Press RETURN and CAR to exit the hidden green menu.
Activation of Audi MMI 3G bluetooth and HFP using the VCDS interface
- After restarting the MMI system and correctly connecting the VCDS interface, log in to the [5F – Infotainment] module.
- Go to [Adaptation – 10] and select channel 17.
- Change the value from 0 to 1, save the new value.After disconnecting the VCDS interface, restart the MMI system with the key combination:
After the restart, the Audi MMI 3G system will be ready to work with a mobile phone thanks to the Bluetooth connection.