Enable Apple CarPlay / Android Auto in Audi TT with Virtual Cockpit
Unlock the full potential of your Audi TT with Virtual Cockpit by enabling Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Our comprehensive guide provides step-by-step instructions to seamlessly integrate your smartphone with the advanced infotainment system of your Audi TT.
- Apple CarPlay Integration: Learn how to enable Apple CarPlay in your Audi TT, allowing you to access your favorite apps, navigation, and music on the Virtual Cockpit display.
- Android Auto Integration: Discover the steps to activate Android Auto, enabling you to enjoy hands-free calling, messaging, music streaming, and more through your Audi TT’s infotainment system.
- Seamless Integration: Follow our easy-to-follow instructions to seamlessly connect your smartphone with Virtual Cockpit, ensuring a smooth and intuitive user experience.
With our guide, you’ll be able to harness the power of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, transforming your Audi TT into a connected and smart vehicle.
- OBD11 or VCDS (click)
- Latest software MHI2_ER_AU43x_P5098 – if you don’t have this version, you can get it here (click)
- Virtual Cockpit software at least 0296, if you have lower version, you need this update too (click)
- Script to patch your MMI (click)
- Firmware P5098
- Virtual Cockpit version at least 0296. This can be checked via OBD11, simply go to the unit 17 and check the info
software version, if you have lower number than 0296 you need this update (click).
- OBD11 to code CarPlay / Android Auto icons to be displayed on MMI screen, otherwise they will not be available there but carplay might still works).
So if you meet all requirements, we can start 🙂 First of all need to update MMI firmware version to be P5098.
I have created very detailed installation manual so will not repeat it here, please jump to this manual (click).
Virtual Cockpit update
Installation looks the same as the firmware update, however you might see error “error FPK:0 error code 142 ” or similar.. Once you hit start update place the remote key to the proximity area for reading remote key on side of steering wheel. The update wants to make sure that you have the remote key.
once it is done, you can jump to another step.
OBD11 / VCDS coding
The last step is to code MMI, because without this you might not see Audi Smartphone Interface in MMI menu.
Module : 5F. (Information Control Unit)
- MirrorLink = On
- WiFi_Client_HMI = On
- Apple_DIO_Wireless = On
- wlan_5ghz_switch = Activated
- Apple_DIO = On
Reboot the MMI
and now you can enjoy new functionality 🙂