I will show you how to enable VIM – Video in motion. As default when you are driving mmi will disable video, so you will only hear music/voice, when you stop the car view is going back again.
This mod will enable video when you drive the car. Please be awared! this feature is quite danger and not recommended to everyone.
- Select control module 5F in VAG-COM/VCDS
- Select “Advanced ID – 1A“
- Submit the value from the “Serial number” field in this form (CLICK). If there’s more than one serial number, use the first one!
- Select “Security Access – 16“
- Enter the personal login-code generated bellow.
- Press “Do It!“. If you receive a “code not valid” message try the alternative code. If neither code works it’s likely that your control module doesn’t support VIM adaptation.
- Select “Adaptation – 10“
- Select channel 48
- Press read
- Set the value to 255
- Press test
- Press save
- Press “Done, Go Back“, close the controller and quit the software
- Restart the MMI: Press and hold down the function keys 1 (SETUP), the control button 2 and the control key at the top right 3 simultaneously until the MMI system shuts down. Release keys -> MMI system reboots.
Please let us know in comments if its working for You (please also add which audi model and mmi version).